Saturday, April 25, 2009

New, not so new

I'm not new to blogging, but I'm new to Blogger. I've had a LiveJournal since 2003, but I decided to float over here to try something a little different. I'll probably cross-post some, and some of the content may be different. I haven't quite figured it out yet.

I also have a Xanga and a MySpace and a Twitter that I rarely touch, and a FaceBook that I'm fairly active on.

Over on LJ I just finished a commitment to post something that made me happy every day for eight days, and I think that might be a good way to start out over here.

So what has made me happy today?

Prayer. Literally. I was swimming in paralyzing anxiety earlier because of the refinance/repairs/insurance claim we have in process. I didn't feel fearful, exactly, just so caught up in thinking about it that I couldn't really accomplish anything. I needed peace.

I paused. I prayed. I got peace.

Heaven will be really cool if for no other reason than the absence of plumbing and morgages. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment