Friday, March 5, 2010

The NEW U.S. Passport!

My daughter got her passport in the mail this week. It’s pretty!

Mine from 22 years ago was just a little book with my picture and info on one page and blank pages for visas. The new ones look exactly the same on the outside down to the Navy blue, but the inside it’s completely different. I don’t have my old one to compare to because it’s off with the State Department proving I’m a U.S. citizen, but I know my old one didn’t have scenic pictures of the United States on the visa pages, or a colorful bald eagle on the page with my picture.

They say the passports now have some kind of chip in them for scanning recognition. And my friend Carrie thinks the pictures on the visa pages are printed like our money somehow so they can’t be counterfeited. But I just think they’re pretty.

And now I have the song going through my head from Captain Kangaroo, “Picture pages, picture pages, time to get your pictures pages, time to get your crayons or your pencils…”

No comments:

Post a Comment