Friday, May 15, 2009

Sharing Interests

Tonight I made my kids watch "Bringing Up Baby" (and I got grumpy when they tried to text during). On the other hand, I'm reading Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment by James Patterson.

My son has been enjoying the Maximum Ride series, a YA fantasy/action/adventure series, and has been telling me he thought I'd like them. I'm about 1/3 of the way through and I'm enjoying the non-stop action, blunt narration, and character development so far. I'll let you know. Has anyone else read them?
(I have a hard time getting through books quickly these days because I'm so busy, but I'm making myself read.)

My husband and I watched just about every old black & white movie we could get our hands on before we had our kids. We love them, but that interest has sort of gone by the wayside in more recent years. However, now we're finding we can enjoy them all over again with our kids. Once they get over the whole non-color thing, they really enjoy them. I think tonight I picked a good one since it's a screwball comedy with animals--what's not to like? (Cute is not the description I would prefer my kids to use about a leopard, though.)

And I like to play Guitar Hero with my kids. Is that weird?

No comments:

Post a Comment